Which is the best drum Machine?
Firstly when looking for a drum machine to back up your live gigging performance you need to look for a drum machine that has great functionality, programmable, robust and provides a realistic quality sound.
In my opinion there is only one drum machine that has all these factors and although it is now a veteran in the drum machine world it is still the best drum machine on the market.
The Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine
The drum machine that started a music revolution.
As one of the most popular drum machines ever made, the SR-16™ has been used by everyone from songwriters to live performers to remix engineers as their drum machine of choice. The reason is simple: it features a great selection of 233 realistic, natural drum sounds, offered both in dry form and sampled with our incomparable digital reverbs. Our exclusive Dynamic Articulation™ feature enables a drum sound to change its tonal content as it’s played harder for truly realistic performances.
The SR-16 features 50 preset patterns that were actually played in by top studio drummers, not just programmed and quantized. You’ll find enough built-in rhythmic variations (with A, B and two Fill sections) for composing complete arrangements, and you can create and save your own customized patterns and songs. Plus, the SR-16 also provides complete MIDI implementation, a footswitch input, flexible programming and editing features and velocity-sensitive pad buttons.
It’s so easy to use that you’ll be up-and-running and composing new music in minutes. Whether you need a songwriting partner or an accompanist for live performance, turn to the all-time world standard in drum machines: the SR-16
- Audio Outputs: 4 (2 stereo pairs)
- Pads: 12 velocity sensitive (w/Dynamic Articulation™)
- Sample/DAC Bit Resolution:: 16/18
- Sounds: 233
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 12
- Sounds Accessible via MIDI: 120
- Polyphony: 16 voice
- Panning: 7-position user programmable
- Velocity Response: 8 loudness levels via pads, 127 via MIDI
- Timing Resolution: 96 ppq
- Time Signature Range: 1-128 beats per pattern
- Tempo Range: 20-255 bpm
- Notes/Patterns/Songs: 12,000/400 (200 user, 200 preset)/100
- Kits: 50 user, 50 preset
- MIDI Program Change Response: Kit
- Sync: MIDI Clock/Song Position Pointer
- Footswitch Jacks/Functions: 2; start/stop, count/A/B/fill
- Other Features: Sound stacking, step editing, stereo samples with reverb and ambience
- Dynamic Articulation: Modulates tone
- Power: 9 VAC External Transformer, UL and CSA Approved
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 9.25″x1.5″x6.5″
- Weight: 2.5 lbs
A solid reliable drum machine that does exactly what you want in a live performance gig.
Thank you for reading this article “The best drum machine for live gigging” I would like to know your thoughts about The Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine please leave a comment below.